A mother's life

A day in the life of a mum is often a blur of rushed activity, trying to ensure that everything is done that keeps the family ticking over - are they fed, watered, cleaned, taxied, homeworked, etc to say nothing of the other basic household chores that often take over your life. I have decided that everyone needs the opportunity to tap into their creative or indulgent side and make, bake, read, watch or pursue something that you feel makes you individual. If I can do it..... so can you.

Charm bracelet x 2 - The finished product

Charm bracelet x 2 - The finished product
I'm really pleased with this attempt

Charm bracelet - beginning

Charm bracelet - beginning
Here goes!!!

The Finished Product - Knitted Bangle

The Finished Product - Knitted Bangle
a late night/morning but success at last

Beginning of knitted bracelet

Beginning of knitted bracelet
Here goes!!!

Saturday 2 April 2011

Beaded Bracelet Part 2

Well, the beads look good on the wire.  I've found a tutorial on the net and after a little trial and error with some old wool I found in the attic, I have now mastered the art of casting on.  Competent with the wool I then progressed to putting it to the real test, knitting with the wire.  This proved easier said than done initially and I found that manipulating the 3mm wire quite tricky and I ended up with the stitches everywhere except on the knitting needle.  Still, I persevered and I finally achieved 7 stitches on the needle and I proceeded to knit.  I can currently boast that I have knitted 8 rows without further hitch (though it doesn't look anything like the final product illustration) and I have knitted 6 rows with the beads incorporated.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be able to share the final product with you.  In the meantime, daughter of 12 years has just come into the room announcing that she wants to make chocolate brownies but .... no chocolate in the house so will have to make a quick dash to our closest shop to equip the budding baker with chocolate so that we can all indulge in brownies later.  More on bracelet and brownies later, don't worry I won't be mixing them together.  Love jayjay

No comments:

Post a Comment