A mother's life

A day in the life of a mum is often a blur of rushed activity, trying to ensure that everything is done that keeps the family ticking over - are they fed, watered, cleaned, taxied, homeworked, etc to say nothing of the other basic household chores that often take over your life. I have decided that everyone needs the opportunity to tap into their creative or indulgent side and make, bake, read, watch or pursue something that you feel makes you individual. If I can do it..... so can you.

Charm bracelet x 2 - The finished product

Charm bracelet x 2 - The finished product
I'm really pleased with this attempt

Charm bracelet - beginning

Charm bracelet - beginning
Here goes!!!

The Finished Product - Knitted Bangle

The Finished Product - Knitted Bangle
a late night/morning but success at last

Beginning of knitted bracelet

Beginning of knitted bracelet
Here goes!!!

Saturday 2 April 2011

Beaded Bracelet cont'd

Disaster, trying to juggle more than one thing.  Daughter was wanting to get me to read out ingredients for brownie and then later macaron recipe while I was ambitiously trying to knit.  I know we women can multi-task but sometimes just a little too much too soon.  Anyway, all my stitches fell off my knitting needle and try as I might I couldn't get 7 stitches back on, regardless of how many times I tried to pick them up.  I also ended up with 6.  Where did that 7th stitch go I wonder.  Anyway, I decided, in pure frustration, to pull the whole lot out and start again.  Which I have now done so it's pretty much back to the beginning.  I will say however that the second attempt at knitting looks more uniform and perhaps it is 2nd time lucky.  Having said that I have only knitted two rows so far.  But on the plus side brownies look good, oh so good so trip to corner shop well worthwhile.  Just wish I could say the same for the macarons.  They look more than slightly peculiar.  Still, tey were a first attempt so will put those on the back burner and try again.  Daughter is now making speedy home-made ice-cream with verbal supervision from me.  I am going to try and upload a few photographs on my blog page....Help!! and then go back to trying to finish knitting my bracelet.  In the meantime, just hope Arsenal manage to pull a win out of their hats.  More soon.  Love jayjay

No comments:

Post a Comment